Tabbed Navigation


 


   

  
 
The Public Service Commission of the District of Columbia (PSCDC) was originally established by Congress in 1913 and was reaffirmed by Congress as an independent agency of the District of Columbia Government in the District of Columbia Home Rule Charter in 1973. The PSCDC functions as a quasi-judicial agency to ensure that the natural gas, electricity and telecommunications utilities doing business in the District provide safe and reasonably adequate service and facilities at just and reasonable rates. (D.C. Code ยงยง 1-204.93 and 34-301 (2010 Repl.)). The PSCDC staff is made up of 83.6 persons which includes three Commissioners, one of which is designated as the Chairman.

Image: Logo of the Public Service Commission